On 12/7/09 a group of concerned citizens attended the Senate Health Committee to hear and provide testimony regarding the New Jersey Public Water Supply Fluoridation Act, Senate Bill S2856 , which would mandate state-wide water "fluoridation."
The North Jersey District Water Supply Commission (NJDWSC) also provided testimony and presented each Health Committee member with well-documented facts on fluoridation, including costs to implement and the chemical compound that would be added to the water supply. Details can be found at www.NewJerseyWaterEducation.com and http://www.newjerseywatereducation.com/pdfs/Booklet17.pdf . A summary of the testimony is provided as follows.
1. $5.4 Billion Dollars = Mandatory water fluoridation startup capital cost to NJ residents!!!
2. $1 Billion Dollars = Every Year for operation, maintenance and safety related costs!!!!
3. Citizens of NJ drink less than 1% of the water supply. Most of the fluoridated water would be used to water lawns, flush toilets, wash clothing, and for manufacturing. Billions of dollars would be spent to fluoridate water that will never be ingested.
4. Hydrofluosilicic Acid is the water fluoridation product - it is classified toxic waste by the EPA and contains lead, mercury, arsenic, cadmium etc... Pharmaceutical grade fluoride is not used!
5. Fluoride is highly corrosive and will have financial impact on drinking and sewer pipes.
6. High doses of fluoride can injure susceptible populations of people such as kidney disorder patients, diabetics, elderly, infants, and immunodeficiency disease patients.
7. Per the CDC, 32% of children in the US are suffering from dental/enamel fluorosis, a dangerous health condition caused by a child receiving too much fluoride during tooth development.
(See www.NewJerseyWaterEducation.com Booklet #17 for photos.)
8. Ingested fluoride has no significant impact in reducing tooth decay. Fluoride's benefit, if any, is from direct application to the surface of the teeth. Thus, using the water system at a cost of multi billion dollars statewide is unnecessary and does not fulfill the intended goal.
9. The Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA - July 2000) clarified for every dentist in America that ingestion of fluoridedoes not provide any significant reductions in the incidence of tooth decay.
10. Infants up to 6 months of age are at risk: the American Dental Association and American Academy of Pediatrics has warned parents NOT to use fluoridated tap water to mix infant formula because of the high occurrence of dental fluorosis. Artificially fluoridated water contains 250 times the amount of fluoride found in breast milk.
NJ Citizens Please note:
1. Thousands of scientists, dentists, physicians and professionals have signed an international statement opposing the dangerous practice of water fluoridation:
2. According to the EPA, "By recovering byproduct fluosilicic acid from fertilizer manufacturing, water and air pollution are minimized, and water utilities have a low-cost source of fluoride available to them." (former EPA Deputy Asst. Administrator, Rebecca Hanmer). NJ citizens should not have to pay for "fluoridated water" from recycled toxic waste.
3. Fluoride is more toxic than lead and only slightly less poisonous than arsenic. http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/accidents/f-lead.html
4. “Fluoride causes more human cancer death and causes it faster than any other chemical. …30,000 to 50,000 deaths each year, from various causes, may now be attributable to fluoridation.” (Chief Chemist Emeritus, U.S. National Cancer Institute)
http://njvaccinationchoice.orgFollow NJCVC on Twitter
https://twitter.com/vaxchoice Join the Yahoo Loops to get involved: